Various ad projects bring in $10M

Discuss anything related to news from or about Gannett.

Various ad projects bring in $10M

Unread postby Gannettoid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Leslie Giallombardo sent a memo Monday to the United States Community Publishing division’s publishers and advertising directors, and others within Corporate, asking for input and results from several projects launched in recent months.

In the e-mail marked "CONFIDENTIAL," Giallombardo listed six specific advertising projects and said, "Revenue generated to date is estimated to be over $10 million for these programs combined."

READ THIS STORY HERE: www.Gannettoid.com/adprojects.html
Gannettoid
Site Admin

Re: Various ad projects bring in $10M

Unread postby curious » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Gannettoid wrote:Leslie Giallombardo sent a memo Monday to the United States Community Publishing division’s publishers and advertising directors, and others within Corporate, asking for input and results from several projects launched in recent months.

In the e-mail marked "CONFIDENTIAL," Giallombardo listed six specific advertising projects and said, "Revenue generated to date is estimated to be over $10 million for these programs combined."

READ THIS STORY HERE: http://www.Gannettoid.com/adprojects.html

I wonder if this isn't a weak come-back to offset the fact that more JN employees than Fisch planned decided to walk. Nothing like this morale-booster to balance the "get your Christmas schedules in early" memo of last week.
curious

Unread postby formeremployee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Glad that customers have "benefitted" from new approaches and programs. Is there some kind of rule that you must be ignorant of spell check to work in management at Gannett? Are they unaware of what that visually intrusive red underline is trying to indicate? Or do they just not care if they send out emails with juvenile errors? Ahhhhh!!!!! At least they had their corporate double-speak dictionary handy. Can anyone tell me what "turn key solutions" are? Whatever it means, I feel comforted that like me, they want to focus their resources on the right programs. Pepper it up with a little "implement," "initiative," "revenue needle," and "prioritize" and you've got yourself a pretty good Gannett Mad Lib. All we're missing now are some ridiculous and patronizing metaphors for layoffs.
formeremployee

Unread postby gannettvictim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:32 pm

These initiatives I think were done as a "let's throw a bunch of crap out there and see if any of it works". The industry has been so in the dark ages for years and yetwith egos the size of Rhode Island. Pricing is totally out of whack. Who wants to buy print when they can buy radio, tv, direct mail, and internet combined for less than the cost of newspaper advertising. Management is still clueless and it looks like all they are doing is trying to look like they are driving revenue in an attempt to keep their job.
gannettvictim

Return to GANNETT NEWS