Gannett sends 'black-out' notice on 401(k)

Discuss anything related to news from or about Gannett.

Gannett sends 'black-out' notice on 401(k)

Unread postby Gannettoid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Gannett sent notice Tuesday employees would not be able to access their 401(k) accounts for a 24-hour period due to a bank change.

According to the memo, sent Tuesday afternoon and obtained by Gannettoid.com, the plan is changing from The Bank of New York Mellon to The Northern Trust Company.

READ THE MEMO AT www.Gannettoid.com/401k1222.html
Gannettoid
Site Admin

Re: Gannett sends 'black-out' notice on 401(k)

Unread postby 1cas2 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 pm

no notice for the rest of us who still have 401k investments with Gannett but were laid off.

We are kept in the dark
1cas2

Unread postby No Trust for Gannett » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm

1cas2 wrote:no notice for the rest of us who still have 401k investments with Gannett but were laid off.

We are kept in the dark

If you still trust Gannett with your money your more trustworthly than me!!! I moved mine just as fast as I could!!
No Trust for Gannett

Unread postby Marko » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:33 am

Northern Trust is who GCI uses to disburse pension funds to some retirees, too.
Marko

Unread postby KrayolaKat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Well, if you are laid off you should really check your 401 at least once a week. Just to make sure everything is okay. I try to do that, last time I checked on Dec. 19 and the notice was not on the site. But checking it today the notice of the black out was right there after sign in in big red type. Just keep a eye on your money! :)
KrayolaKat

Unread postby not taking chances » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:28 am

KrayolaKat wrote:Well, if you are laid off you should really check your 401 at least once a week. Just to make sure everything is okay. I try to do that, last time I checked on Dec. 19 and the notice was not on the site. But checking it today the notice of the black out was right there after sign in in big red type. Just keep a eye on your money! :)

I moved my $$ into another financial company's IRA - out of Gannett's territory.
not taking chances

Return to GANNETT NEWS